Dig Into Reading
Tacoma Public Library's
2013 Summer Reading Club
June 15th through August 10th
Read 10 books for a chance to win a new iPad!
How the Summer Reading Club works:
- You can join the club and begin your reading on Saturday, June 1st.
Sign-up online at http://evanced.tacomapubliclibrary.org/evanced/sr/homepage.asp or at your local Tacoma Public Library branch.
- The first day to report on what you've read is Saturday, June 15th.
- The last day to report (in person or online) is Saturday, August 10th by 5:30 p.m.
- Read and report on 10 books by Saturday, August 10th to be entered into the Grand Prize Drawing
for a chance to win one of two new iPads.
There are two ways to keep track of and report on your books:
- You can use the log you receive when you sign up to record the author and title of each book you've read. Have a parent or guardian initial your log for each book that you read. Bring the log with you and report your reading at the Summer Reading Reporting Station the next time you visit your local Library.
- OR you can record your reading online through Tacoma Public Library's Summer Reading
website - http://evanced.tacomapubliclibrary.org/evanced/sr/homepage.asp
You can download additional reading logs here.
- Each week that you report online or in the library, you will be entered into a weekly raffle for fun prizes, including tickets to a Tacoma Rainiers baseball game, passes to Northwest Trek, and tickets to the Washington State Fair.
- Once you have finished reading and reporting on your first 10 books, you will be entered into the weekly raffle for every additional book you read and report on. Read and report on an additional 10 books to be entered again in the Grand Prize Drawing for an additional chance to win one of two new iPads.
- Everyone who completes the program will receive a tote bag, two free games of bowling at Narrows Plaza Bowl, and a ticket for two to the Summer Reading Celebration on Saturday, August 17th
at the Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium.
- Books should be at your appropriate reading level and checked out from the Tacoma Public Library. Graphic novels, magazines, audio books, and eBooks count!
- Dig Into Reading is for children from birth through entering 5th Grade. We have a special Teen Summer Reading Challenge for students entering 6th Grade through 12th Grade, We even have a club for adults.
- The last day to pick up prizes is Saturday, August 24th. Prizes will be available while supplies last.
Last Updated 17.06.2013