There are many ways to get involved with the Tacoma Public Library
and we encourage you to do so!
You can . . .
- Checkout and use the numerous collections, resources and services of the Tacoma Public Library. Search the Library’s online catalog or its large collection of databases or simply use any of the services provided by the Tacoma Public Library.
- Participate in library-sponsored programs and events for adults, teenagers, children and families. The Tacoma Public Library offers numerous programs and events throughout the year including author visits, film programs, book discussions, preschool story times, summer reading programs just to name a few. Check out the Tacoma Public Library’s calendar.
- Give of your time and energy. The Tacoma Public Library welcomes and encourages volunteer participation. Learn more about current volunteer needs here.
- Donate. The Tacoma Public Library gladly accepts donations of books and media. All donations are evaluated based on the Library’s collection development policy and not all items will be selected for addition to the collections of the Tacoma Public Library.
- Support. The opportunities to share your financial resources with the Tacoma Public Library are endless. The Tacoma Public Library is an invaluable community resource that offers opportunities for personal growth, learning and enjoyment. Your dollars enhance the Library’s services and collections beyond that provided by the taxpayers. Contribute money to purchase materials or provide programs that you know and love. Leave a legacy by making a gift to the Tacoma Public Library in your will or naming the Library as a life insurance beneficiary.
Every day the Tacoma Public Library helps people change their lives and your involvement can help ensure the success of these efforts. A strong public library is the very foundation upon which a community can understand its past, participate in the present and build its future.
"The man who enters a library is in the best society this world affords…and if he himself, from his own earnings contributes to its support, he is (even) more of a man than before."
Last Updated 30.01.2014